Dinghy Checks & Procedures
- Remain attached to mooring point until outboard has been running for 15 seconds or more.
- Confirm outboard locked/clamped.
- Lifejackets per passenger and one throwable PFD.
- Tank under bow seat has ample fuel. Fuel line connected.
- Open fuel vent, pump bulb firm.
- Connect battery.
- Connect key/kill switch.
- Transmission in neutral to start.
- Throttle all the down in start position.
- Push green starter button or pull starting cord.
- Check cooling water and that red light goes out.
- Place kill cord around wrist.
- Disconnect painter.
- Be sure painter is securely tied at all times when dinghy is not in use.
- Raise dinghy on davits every night and before starting engine.
- Fuel vent is closed and fuel tank stowed in cabin top wedge.
- Secure the outboard motor on rail.
- Secure dinghy to foredeck.
- Connectors for engine.
- 4 circuit fuse block.
- 6A: VHF Radio
- 5A: Chart Plotter
- 3A: N2K / AIS & Splitter
- 2A: Lights